I have embarked on an Epic 30 day challenge with a new activity every day to encompass all my passions and skills.
Summarized FAQ: [Day 0]
Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Why not? Life is short and I have amassed too many side projects over the years that have been on the brink of completion, but fallen short because I started too many new side projects; it’s a vicious cycle. These projects have little-to-no connection with what I do in my career. Instead, they are passions that had sprung from my desires. Last year, I wrote an entry reflecting on 2011 that outlined my desires, goals, aspirations, dreams, and fantasies quite clearly. These have not changed that much, yet I felt like my progress has been slowed by comfort. Time is speeding up and all I want to do is slow it down and smile at my small insignificant life.
Q: Are you doing this because of the end of the Mayan calendar?
A: Just as many people believe in their religions just in case a Heaven and Hell exist, I am doing all of these activities just in case the world changes. Even if the world doesn’t change, I surely will.
Q: Why are you posting about this?
A: What I intend to do in these challenges are not ridiculous. They are activities that have been forgotten by many because their day job stresses them out too much and their nightlife makes them too impaired to focus. I hope to inspire others to spend time doing what they love and smile knowing that they’ve made others smile.
Q: What is your schedule?
- Wed, Nov 21st – [Day 1] Epic 30 Day Challenge Scheduled – This was an initial guideline and is no longer fully accurate
- Thurs, Nov 22 – [Day 2] Happy Turkey Day
- Fri, Nov 23 – [Day 3] My Web of Peeps
- Sat, Nov 24 – [Day 4] My Own Self Portrait
- Sun, Nov 25 – [Day 5] The Postcard Project
- Mon, Nov 26 – [Day 6] Alex’s Photo Book
- Tues, Nov 27 – [Day 7] Anti-gravity flying fitness class
- Wed, Nov 28 – [Day 8] Electrohydrodynamics
- Thurs, Nov 29 – [Day 9] Must-try NYC Eats
- Fri, Nov 30 – [Day 10] Hylourd Comic Book
- Sat, Dec 1 – [Day 11] The Stache of Movember
- Sun, Dec 2 – [Day 12] Chris Fashion Blog
- Mon, Dec 3 – [Day 13] My Ideal Day
- Tues, Dec 4 – [Day 14] Best Photos of 2012
- Wed, Dec 5 – [Day 15] About Shaving my Head
- Thurs, Dec 6 – [Day 16] Volunteering
- Fri, Dec 7 – [Day 17] Contra Dancing
- Sat, Dec 8 – [Day 18] The Mohawk
- Sun, Dec 9 – [Day 19] The Bald Look
- Mon, Dec 10 – [Day 20] Living in the Moment
- Tues, Dec 11 – [Day 21] Whiskey Tasting
- Wed, Dec 12 – [Day 22] my TED Talk
- Thurs, Dec 13 – [Day 23] Event Photography
- Fri, Dec 14 – [Day 24] Perfect Simplicity
- Sat, Dec 15 – [Day 25] Digitizing Photos
- Sun, Dec 16 – [Day 26] Epic TT match
- Mon, Dec 17 – [Day 27] Post on Reddit / Contact Rhett and Link
- Tues, Dec 18 – [Day 28] Tasting Menu
- Wed, Dec 19 – [Day 29] Places I’ve Traveled to Book
- Thurs, Dec 20 – [Day 30] Reflecting on 2012
I’m happy to see this completed. Now for the lessons learned and next steps:
~See Lemons FTW