Random Observation/Comment #536: I have 1 more year until I’m 30 and so many more things to do on my list. Each year has been the year I wish could last forever.
In 2015, I:
- Traveled to: Vancouver/Whistler (TEDactive), Florida (to ask for her hand in marriage), Japan, Hong Kong (Viv’s wedding), Phuket, Bali, Sag Harbor (MiniMoon), Austin
- Triumphantly: Got engaged (using a modified version of my life in lists of 30), helped plan a wedding in 5 months and got married!, Published My Life in Lists of 30, Shot 4 weddings, attended TEDActive (and TEDxGondala), helped organize TEDxBushwick, presented in blockchain panels and coursework, presented career advice to Carnegie Mellon, saw a RoboShow in Tokyo, rode an elephant, became Blockchain Technical Lead for Credit Suisse.
- Ate/Drank: amazing brisket and general BBQ in Austin, authentic Thai curry, Street pad thai, Balinese street boxes with chicken and rice, incredible Loco Moco in Phuket, Huge drinks in Hong Kong, Japadog from Vancouver, Sushi burrito
- Read/Listened to: The Girl on the Train (Paula Hawkins), 1Q84 (Haruki Murakami), Old Man’s War (John Scalzi), The Ghost Brigades (John Scalzi), Grey (E L James), Ready Player One (Ernest Cline), Tomorrowland (Steven Kotler), As You Wish (Rob Reiner), The Last Colony (John Scalzi), Hard Magic (Larry Correia), Spellbound (Larry Correia), Brooklyn (Colm Toibin), A lot of podcasts! (Hello from the Magic Tavern, Mortified, Lore, The Adventure Zone, Seth Godin’s Startup School, The Art of Charm, Serial, Your Best Just Got Better, How to Do Everything, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me), Bob’s Burgers Live Reading,
- Completed: another jigsaw puzzle, presentation at TEDactive, 12 studio photography headshot sessions, question of the day (#Qotd), Started tripadvisor reviewing, Continued yelping (yelp elite 2015), physical crosswords during morning commute, Covered 40+ events for CS, started Actions of the Day (#AofD), wrote over 500 blogposts!
2015 was the year I took the big plunge. We planned a wedding within 5 months, and oh man was it a fun night to remember. My memory isn’t the best, but I will always remember how she looked walking down the aisle. 2015 also marks a bit of an end to an era of traveling. I know there will be fewer bear travels, but 20 countries in 4 years is one hell of a ride. I sense there will still be at least one trip a year as vacations permit, but the expenses are certainly going to start skyrocketing. In terms of career, this was the year I found a new spark of passion for working on fun POCs. I feel like I work at a start up within a corporate innovation environment, and it’s such a huge learning experience.
In 2016, I’m looking forward to:
- Travels: Bermuda weekend trip, Honeymoon in Turks and Caicos, weddings in Florida, save time for an Indian wedding at some point. I think we’ll have fewer travels in 2016 due to the higher costs of living and focus on career
- Challenges: Writing “Our Life in Lists of 30” with Vinessa, Further build out a Blockchain Working Group and complete more Blockchain POCs, move into a one bedroom, Complete my 30 under 30.
- Adolescent Career: I’ve established a great foundation within the company and looking forward to taking more risks and delivering more value. This is definitely the buy or bust year for blockchain in financial institutions.
~See Lemons Love 2015 and Look forward to 2016