Random Observation/Comment #503: Kindness is contagious. Have an up vote.
I’m inspired by people who do good deeds just for the sake of doing good deeds. For me, handing out these cards in NYC was just a way to recognize the common awesome people and make them smile.
For #DisruptTEDActive this year, I’m helping this community of extremely brilliant and motivated individuals to start a revolution. Revolutions start with the first follower and continue to grow with spreading that inspiration. Instead of just spreading ideas, we’re building upon them with like-minded people so our causes can be actionable changes in the world.
For the Kindness Revolution, I hope people can:
- Pay attention more to good deeds. We spend too much time on our smart phones and connected to a second digital life. I think we need to break free from that during our commutes – take off those headphones and just soak it all in.
- Tell people they’re awesome. Without any ulterior motive, give a compliment and show your appreciation for people who are genuinely just good people.
- Be kind, rewind. We don’t need a reason to be kind. If you are able to do something, then do it.
- Support a good cause. As a revolutionary, we aren’t limited to just one revolution. If you see a good cause, support a good cause.
- Spread the word. If you have one of the cards, or even if you don’t, you can inspire others to be kind.
~See Lemons Disrupt