Random Observation/Comment #279: “There’s an App for that” is a pretty great way to start a conversation.
Why This List?
Nowadays we depend on our smart phones to keep us connected and highly functioning addicts to information. We feed on those small doses of packaged care in aggregated “likes”, <heart>, retweets, and “+1″s. Needless to say, I have my own favorite addictions that hopefully do more help than harm.
- Google Keep. In case I need to write something down.
- Google Calendar. In case I want to write in my journal or plan my week.
- Shortyz. In case I get bored and want to do a daily crossword.
- Google Maps. In case I get lost or need to get anywhere.
- Weather. In case I want to know if I need to bring an umbrella or a scarf.
- Amazon. In case I want to buy anything.
- WordPress. In case I want to write in this blog.
- Youtube. In case I want to watch short videos about random things (or table tennis).
- TED. In case I want to watch 5-15 minute videos about smart things.
- Memrise. In case I have free time and want to learn.
- Safari To Go. In case I have free time and want to read a book.
- getAbstract. In case I have free time and want to read some business cliff notes to seem productive even though they’re all just trying to tell you the same thing.
- Splitwise. In case I paid for something and want to split the bill.
- Yelp. In case I want to see where everyone else thinks I should eat.
- Allrecipes. In case I’m headed to the grocery and want to find inspiration for things to cook.
- Pandora. In case I want to play something at a party from my phone that resembles Frank Sinatra or Classic from the 90s.
- Instagram. In case I want to stalk a bunch of pictures and like everything that looks good without a filter.
- Camera. In case I eat something… and want to/will probably take a photo of it.
- Photos. In case I’m really bored and just want to relive some random memories.
- Remote (on iPhone). In case I want to search something on apple TV and don’t want to type it with the stupid remote.
- Fitbit. In case I want to see if I’m beating my friends at being active.
- NHL. In case I want to find out if the Rangers are winning.
- Audible. In case I need to listen to a book.
- Google play. In case I want to drown out my brain with the same songs I know by heart already.
- Kayak. In case I want to travel somewhere (which is all the time).
- Airbnb. In case I want to stay at the where I’m traveling to.
- Uber. In case my gf doesn’t want to take the subway past 10pm.
- Seamless. In case I’m too lazy to cook.
- Trello. In case I want to see what my gf wants us to do in the near future (we use it to plan activities).
- Good (for work). In case I want to reschedule a meeting or act important in a meeting.
~See Lemons Apped out