Random Observation/Comment #274: It’s easier to remember things if you think they’re interesting. Now you just need to find out what interests you.
Why This List?
I read a lot of random things and it usually leads to discovering really crazy and interesting facts. I don’t think I’ve written them all down except randomly in my journal entries, but I’ll scower my resources to keep people myself entertained.
- Antarctica is the driest place on Earth. Parts of the continent haven’t seen rainfall for over 2 million years.
- Chicken Tikka Masala comes from Glasgow. Invented in the late 1960s and exported to India from Britain.
- North Korea and Finland are separated by one country
- The game monopoly was initially creatd to show the player the flaws of Capitalism
- At any given time, 0.7% of the world is drunk. That means there are about 50 million drunk people right now.
- -40 degrees F = -40 degrees C
- Every time you look to the sky, you’re looking back in time.
- Killer Whales are dolphins
- Right now, there is at least one spot on your body that itches
- Jagermeister does not contain deer or elk blood
- A person of average size and weight burns about 60-70 calories just by sitting around and watching television
- Twitter’s bird logo is named Larry, for Larry Bird
- Alaska is so big that you could fit 75 New Jerseys in it
- Julia Child was 6 feet, 2 inches tall.
- According to some estimates, Americans are sitting on $30 billion worth of unredeemed gift cards.
- When table tennis was originally created in 1889, it was called gossima.
- The consistency of your ear wax is genetic.
- If your morning commute to work is 20 minutes or less, it’s below the national average. New Yorkers have some of the longest commutes, averaging 40 minutes.
- The “G” in “G-Spot” stands for Gräfenberg, a German-born doctor who studied female sexual physiology.
- During sleep, fluid in the body tends to pool in low-lying areas, which is why most of us wake up with noticeable bags under our eyes.
- Reed Hastings was inspired to start Netflix after a $40 late fee on a VHS copy of Apollo 13.
- The average life of tastebuds is 10 days
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a superman somewhere.
- Table tennis balls have been known to travel off the paddle at speeds up to 160 km/hr.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
- Einstein couldn’t speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched” (or “giraffe”)
- Giraffes have the same number of vertebrae in their neck as a human does
- Gravity in Oslo is about 0.5% stronger than in Mexico City
~See Lemons Love Interesting Things