Random Observation/Comment #255: I am such a geek. Not a nerd or a dork… As I discussed in an earlier post, there are differences.
Developers have an odd sense of humor. We add a little bit of personal color into our projects where we can. For example, I used to name my login machines after final fantasy 6 characters. Those little cookies really keep us happy and make us smirk in the background.
Android’s OS naming convention seems to follow the dessert snack naming. Usually, for versions, you work up the alphabet. They started with “C” for cupcake as “A” and “B” are usually alpha and beta, but I have a feeling they saw Apple and Blackberry as a bit of a motivation. Here is the list of the Android releases so far…
- V1.5: Cupcake
- V1.6: Donut
- V2.0: Éclair
- V2.2: Frozen Yogurt (Froyo)
- V3.0: Gingerbread
- V3.5: Honeycomb
- V4.0: Ice Cream (rumored)
And because I’m a geek, here is the list I just completely made up for afterwards:
- Key Lime Pie; Kiwi; krumbcake; kookie!
- Lemon cheesecake; Lime
- Maple Syrup; Marmalade; Milk tea; Mocha; Marshmallow; Meringue
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies; Oreos!
- Pudding; Peaches and Cream; Prickly Pear; Pina Colada, Pistachio; Plum; Pumpkin Pie; Pecan Pie; Peanut butter cups
- Red Velvet; Rice pudding; Rocky Road; Rum cake;
- Sorbet; Syrup; S’mores; Scones!; Strudel; Sundae; Soufflé; Strawberry Shortcake; Sherbet
- Tart; Tiramisu; Toffee; Twinkie!; Tortes
- Vanilla fudge
- Whipped cream;
- Yogurt; yummy yummy
- Zeppoli; Zelten;
Well, that was fun. Feel free to add more suggestions.
~See Lemons Geeky